Thanks for stopping by my Blog... please come again!
My photo
I am here to share what goes on in this noggin of mine & hope that you find something I say interesting along the way. I'm a singer who loves & adores music. I'm also an esthetician with a passion for helping people achieve great skin. I love to create jewelry & paintings, among many other things. Overall I'm a pretty cool chica!! So stay a while ;o)

Follow Me!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weight Loss Journey Introduction

This blog will probably be the hardest one to post. Why? Because I am going to be 100% honest! Alright so let's get it started (uh huh...lol). Oh & it may not be in the proper form either, but just go with it.

I am OVERWEIGHT!!! I'm not talking 20 or even 50 pounds overweight, but more like *pause*.......*even longer pause* I am 145 pounds overweight!!! Oh Goodness I'll never get a man now! hahaha

Seriously, if I lose 145 pounds I'll be 200 pounds (you do the math). Now some of you may be saying, "d*mn she fat as hell!" You're right, which is why I need to lose this weight. I am not one to make many excuses for my downfalls because in my opinion, an excuse is just a fancy way of lying.

I said last year I wanted to lose 100 pounds by my 30th birthday, and for a while there I was on the right path. I was losing weight, my mom was even able to see a difference. I mean I was doing so well that I was almost out of the 300s, which is now my ultimate goal for this year. ugh! Then I got off (not fell off) the bandwagon and started gaining weight...again.

I have to admit, I feel bad for allowing myself to get to this point. Like I sit and ask myself, 'what brought me to this?' I have no clear answer though. I will say that like many overweight people, I am an emotional eater. I eat when I'm sad, mad, happy, etc. I also have developed the 'I don't care' eating habit and will go to town, then feel awful afterwards. Even when I'm bored and not so much hungry I find myself eating, and when I do I often ask myself again, 'why am I eating this?' So as you can see I am aware of some of my issues

I've been lucky that I haven't had high blood pressure or diabetes, that is until now. I recently had a physical and my blood pressure reading was high :o/ I also have been experiencing some weird skin conditions, and believe they precede diabetes. Umm yea... I am now more scared than I was before. So instead of just twirling my thumbs I AM going to once and for all do something about my weight. If I don't do this now then I might as well consider myself a dead woman walking.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I WILL not let obesity, hypertension, diabetes or any other related issue take me out of here. I have purpose and my destiny has not been attained yet. So here's to a better me and to my future, which is shining ever so bright!!!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~David Viscott

Since this is my introduction I decided to include my stats:
Height: 5' 7"
Weight- 5/25/10: 345 (oh my goodness, oh my goodness)

~Jeanine Alex

0 comments: