Thanks for stopping by my Blog... please come again!
My photo
I am here to share what goes on in this noggin of mine & hope that you find something I say interesting along the way. I'm a singer who loves & adores music. I'm also an esthetician with a passion for helping people achieve great skin. I love to create jewelry & paintings, among many other things. Overall I'm a pretty cool chica!! So stay a while ;o)

Follow Me!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weight Loss Journey: Opinions & Judgements

Okay so it's been a week almost since my last post and I am in good spirits about my WLJ! I have been walking everyday and doing my absolute best to eat healthier. Although my body is sore I keep persevering. I am excited about my future and I know I will get to my goal.

I wanted to address my introduction. I let my mom read what I had posted and her concern was that people might look down on me due to my weight. She got me thinking only because I know that obesity is something that many people don't like to deal with. In fact you have those who judge people simply because they're overweight. However, no matter what others may think or even say about me this is my reality and I have to live with it. That is why I am doing something about it now. I don't like the reality that I am overweight. I don't like the fact that I can't wear the clothes I'd like to (oh yea I'm not one of those big girls who wears items that they really shouldn't...even though it may be in my size.). I don't like the fact that the simplest exercises are so challenging for me. I don't like the fact that I've allowed myself to be over 300 pounds. I don't like the fact that I've put my health in danger. Even though I may not like all of these things I WILL NOT beat myself up because of these things. I WILL however love myself all the way through this journey.

So you see I don't need to worry about other peoples opinions of me because I have my own. I am not going to hide the fact that I am overweight and considered obese. It is an issue that I along with other people who are overweight need to address, and we need not do it later. I want to shine light on this matter so that others can be inspired to 1) lose weight and get healthy and 2) not allow being overweight/obesity to be their issue anymore.

Judge me if you want to but let me say this, me being overweight is a flaw that you can obviously see. What is the 1 flaw that cannot be seen that you need to be paying attention to?

Lastly I'll leave you with this scripture:
"Be honest in your judgment and do not decide at a glance (superficially and by appearances); but judge fairly and righteously." John 7:24 Amplified Bible

~Jeanine Alex

0 comments: